Driver CPC Training
Initial Driver CPC & Periodic Driver CPC
Approved Training by an Accredited Training Centre
Wigan Driver CPC is an accredited training centre for
CPC Training. With our dedication to bringing the best quality
training, we courses from either our Wigan based site or courses
can be conducted on your site. We have professionally converted
a full size 44ft trailer into 2 classrooms with computer links
and fully air-conditioned - allowing us to bring the classroom
Time remaining to complete your 35 hours of Periodic Driver CPC:
PCV - Bus & Coach Drivers
Until 9th September 2013
From 10th Sptember 2008 all commercial PCV drivers will need to
complete 35 hours of training before 9th September 2013*
LGV - Truck & Lorry Drivers
Until 9th September 2014
From 10th Sptember 2009 all commercial LGV drivers will need to
complete 35 hours of training before 9th September 2014*
* Failure to renew your CPC by the dates above will result in you driving illegally, and potentially being faced with a
- Driver CPC, 1 day at a time consisting of 7hrs over 5 years. Alternatively,
complete all in 1 week consisting of 35hrs total.
- A total of 35hrs to be completed within a 5 year period. LGV
by September 2014 and PCV by September 2013.
- Licence categories covered by Driver CPC:
LGV - C2 (7.5tons), Class 2 (C) and Class 1 (CE)
PCV - D1 (Minibus) and D (Coach/Bus)
Initial Driver CPC
Initial qualification for new drivers of
- PCV licence categories: D1, D (Minibus, Bus & Coach)
- LGV licence categories: C1, C (Trucks & Lorries)
The Initial Driver CPC
consists of 4 modules:
- Theory and Hazard Awareness test.
- Case study questions and answers.
- Practical Driving Test.
- Practical Demonstration Test.
Periodic Driver CPC
Periodic training for current LGV and PCV licence holders of:
- PCV licence categories: D1, D1+E, D, D+E
- LGV licence categories: C1, C1+E, C, C+E
Current bus and truck drivers need to complete a total of 35hrs
training over 5 years covering the following topics:
- Advanced Rational Driving based on Safety Regulations
- Correct Application of Regulations
- Health, Road and Environmental Safety, Service, & Logistics
For more information or to book your course, please feel free to
contact us on 01942 516394 or email us using the